Congregation Meeting, 18 November 2014
A Congregation Discussion, held in the Sheldonian Theatre, on the topic of 'Possible changes to Statute XII'.
A Discussion took place on 18 November 2014 in the Sheldonian Theatre on the topic of 'Possible changes to Statute XII'.
In accordance with the regulation governing topics for discussion, no vote was taken at the Congregation meeting, but Council will be required to give consideration to the remarks made.
SPEAKERS IN THE DISCUSSION (IN ORDER)
- Dr Stephen Goss, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Personnel and Equality), Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, Fellow of Wadham (opening remarks)
- Nicholas Bamforth, Faculty of Law, Fellow of Queen's
- Margaret Watson, Bodleian Libraries, President of Oxford UCU
- Professor Alex Halliday, Head of the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Division, Department of Earth Sciences, Fellow of Wadham
- Dr Rafael Ramirez, Saïd Business School, Fellow of Green Templeton
- Dr Marc Thompson, Saïd Business School, Fellow of Green Templeton
- Professor Susan Cooper, Department of Physics, Fellow of St Catherine's
- Ruth Bird, Bodleian Libraries
- Professor Teresa Morgan, Faculty of Classics, Fellow of Oriel
- Dr Francesca Galligan, Bodleian Libraries
- Katharine Jackson, Bodleian Libraries
- Professor Irene Tracey, Director of the Oxford Centre for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain, Head of the Nuffield Division of Anaesthetics, Associate Head of the Medical Sciences Division, Fellow of Pembroke
- Professor Denis Galligan, Faculty of Law, Fellow of Wolfson
- Dr Katherine Morris, Faculty of Philosophy, Fellow of Mansfield
- Dr Stephen Goss (closing remarks)
- A transcript of the meeting (PDF, 592KB)
The above transcript was published as a supplement to the Gazette of 27 November.
Or use the list below to link directly to the information from another meeting
Make a query
- Elections - email@example.com
- Congregation membership - firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other queries - email@example.com