Planning and Council Secretariat (PACS) monitors and provides internal briefings on selected publications which use university data.
HESA Performance Indicators
Each year, the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) publishes a set of performance indicators for all UK higher education institutions. These generally cover areas such as widening access and participation, student retention and success rates, employment statistics, and research performance. The indicators are based on student, staff and finance data returns all higher education institutions are required to make to HESA each year.
A number of national and international league tables are published by various organisations, including newspapers. These generate significant media attention and play a role in informing student choice.
League Tables Briefings
- Academic Ranking of World Universities Shanghai 2019 (161kb)
- Complete University Guide 2020 (363kb)
- Guardian University Guide 2020 (380kb)
- QS 2020 (28kb)
- QS 2020 by Subject (28kb)
- Times Higher Education Europe Teaching Rankings 2019 (148kb)
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020 (27kb)
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019 by Subject (82kb)
- The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020
Publication Dates (expected)
|Scope||League Table Name||Expected Publication Date|
|National||Complete University Guide||8th June 2021|
|Guardian University Guide||11th September 2021|
|The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide||17th September 2021|
|International||QS World University Rankings by Subject||4th March 2021|
|QS World University Rankings||8th June 2021|
|Academic Ranking of World Universities||15 August 2021|
|Times Higher Education World University Rankings||2nd September 2021|
|Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject||Published at various points during October and November|