1. The Wilde Professor shall lecture and give instruction in Mental Philosophy, and shall from time to time lecture on the more theoretical aspucts of Psychology.
2. The professor shall be elected by a board of electors consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the President of Corpus Christi College is ViceChancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the President of Corpus Christi College, or, if the President is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Corpus Christi College;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Corpus Christi College;
(4) a person appointed by Council;
(5), (6) two persons appointed by the General Board;
(7), (8) two persons elected by the Board of the Faculty of Literae Humaniores;
(9) a person elected by the Board of the Faculty of Psychological Studies. 3. For the purposes of this professorship the term ‘Mental Philosophy’ shall be taken to mean the theoretical and conceptual study of the human mind.
4. The interest on the capital sum provided for the endowment of the post shall be used towards defraying the stipend of the professor.
5. This decree may be altered from time to time; provided always that
(a) the title of the professorship shall be retained;
(b) the main object of the professorship shall be kept in view, namely, the promotion of the study of Mental Philosophy among the Junior Members of the University of Oxford.
6. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.