Waynflete Professor of Metaphysical Philosophy
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council on 5 December 2014 (Gazette, Vol. 145, p. 144-145, 20 November 2014)
1. The Waynflete Professor of Metaphysical Philosophy shall lecture and give instruction in Philosophy with special regard to the Problems, Theories, and History of Metaphysics.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the President of Magdalen College is Vice- Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the President of Magdalen College, or, if the President is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Magdalen College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Magdalen College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) the Head of the Humanities Division, or his or her nominee;
(7)-(9) three persons elected by the Board of the Faculty of Philosophy.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below