Wallis Professor of Mathematics
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended on 7 August 2015 (Gazette, Vol. 145, p. 697-701, 23 July 2015) and 12 November 2021 (Gazette, Vol.152, p.84, 28 October 2021)
1. The Wallis Professor of Mathematics shall undertake research in and shall lecture and give instruction in Mathematics, with special reference to analysis or mathematical probability, and shall generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council, or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board;
(7)-(9) three persons elected by the Departmental Committee of the Mathematical Institute.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below