W. N. Thomas Tam Fund for Chinese Language Teaching and Learning Enhancement
Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
Made by Council, 28 April 2005. Corrigendum, 6 October 2005
1. A sum from the Jessie and Thomas Tam Charitable Foundation Ltd, together with any further donations for this purpose, shall be known as the W. N. Thomas Tam Fund for Chinese Language Teaching and Learning Enhancement (‘the Fund’).
2. The purposes of the Fund shall be:
(a) to make grants in support of Chinese language teaching and learning development in the University;
(b) to make grants to students participating in language courses in China as an integral part of their degree requirements;
(c) to make travel grants to candidates offering Chinese in the Honour School of Oriental Studies;
(d) to make other grants for purposes connected with the advancement of the study of the Chinese language within the University.
3. Any unspent income which is not reinvested or carried forward for use in subsequent years may be applied at the discretion of the board of management in some other way consistent with the promotion of the study of Chinese.
4. The Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies shall be the board of management of the Fund, and shall determine amounts for each project and for the value of each scholarship and the terms under which these are awarded.
5. The regulations above may be amended by the Council.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below