Visiting Professor of Opera Studies
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Made by Council on 30 July 2009
1. The holder of the Visiting Professor of Opera Studies shall give instruction in the science and practice of that subject, reflecting their special areas of expertise.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or his or her nominee;
(2) the Warden of New College;
(3), (4) two members appointed by the Warden and Scholars of New College;
(5) the Heather Professor of Music, or his or her nominee;
(6), (7) two persons appointed by Council;
(8) the Head of the Humanities Division, or his or her nominee;
(9), (10) two persons appointed by the Faculty of Music.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of the professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below