University Lecturer in Islamic Art and Architecture
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
1. This University accepts with deep gratitude from anonymous benefactors an endowment fund of £310,000 and any further sums which may be provided for the establishment of a University Lecturership in Islamic Art and Architecture and the promotion of the study of that subject in the University.
2. The University Lecturer in Islamic Art and Architecture shall lecture and give instruction in Islamic Art and Architecture under the direction of the Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies.
3. The lecturer shall be appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies in accordance with the provisions of Ch. VII, Sect. IV, § 3.
4. Such part of the endowment as the General Board shall determine is not required to meet the costs of the lecturership shall be applied to the promotion of the study of Islamic Art and Architecture in such manner as the Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies, with the approval of the General Board, shall from time to time determine.
5. Council shall have power to amend this decree, provided that the main object of the endowment, as set out in cl. 1 hereof, shall always be observed.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below