1. The Sidney Truelove Professor of Gastroenterology shall lecture and give instruction in gastroenterology. The University receives with gratitude the sum of £250,000 from the Placito Medical Fund and any further sums which may be provided for an endowment fund for the professorship.
2. The University shall retain all of the Fund as permanent endowment and shall apply the net income of the Fund towards the salary and expenses of the holder of the professorship, and associated overheads. If the salary of the professor is wholly or partly covered from other sources, there shall be discretion to apply the net income directly to support the professor’s research.
3. The administration of the Fund, and the application of its income, shall be the responsibility of the Medical Sciences Board.
4. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is the Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Chair may be allocated by Council from time to time; or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of that college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board;
(10) a person holding a clinical appointment appointed by the Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust.
5. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to the Chair.
6. Regulations 1 and 2 shall be deemed as Trust Regulations under the provisions of Part D of Statute XVI.
7. Regulations 3–5 may be amended by Council.