Sherardian Professor of Botany
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 12 November 2021 (Gazette, Vol.152, p.84-85, 28 October 2021) and 18 March 2022 (Gazette, Vol.152, p.248, 3 March 2022)
1. The Sherardian Professor of Botany shall undertake research in and shall lecture and give instruction in Plant Sciences and shall generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the President of Magdalen College, or, if the President is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Magdalen College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Magdalen College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below