Shaw Memorial Fund
Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
1. The University accepts with gratitude sums contributed in memory of the late Phyllis M. Shaw, BM, MA, Somerville, which shall form a fund, to be known as the Phyllis Shaw Memorial Fund, the income and capital of which shall be used to pay all expenses (including the lecturer’s fee, the lecturer’s travel and subsistence expenses, and expenses incurred in the entertainment of the lecturer) associated with a memorial lecture which shall be given from time to time on a subject and by a lecturer to be chosen by the committee of management of the fund. When choosing the subject and the lecturer on each occasion the committee shall bear in mind the interests of Dr Shaw in the field of psychological treatment.
2. The fund shall be administered by a committee of management which shall consist of
(1) the W.A. Handley Professor of Psychiatry;
(2) a clinical reader in the Department of Psychiatry;
(3) a national health service consultant in the Department of Psychiatry.
The members under (2)-(3), as from time to time required, shall be appointed by the Psychiatric Specialty Group.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below