Schultz Professor of Turbomachinery
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
1. The University accepts with deep gratitude funding from Rolls-Royce plc, for the provision for one tenure of a Donald Schultz Professorship of Turbomachinery and for the provision of support costs for the professorship.
2. The Donald Schultz Professor of Turbomachinery shall lecture and give instruction in Mechanical Engineering with special reference to Turbomachinery.
3. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council to act as an elector;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be allocated by Council under any decree in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4) a person appointed by Council;
(5) a person appointed by the General Board;
(6)-(9) four persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Physical Sciences.
4. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below