Savilian Professor of Astronomy
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
1. The Savilian Professor of Astronomy shall lecture and give instruction in theoretical or practical astronomy and shall be responsible for general instruction in astronomy.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Warden of New College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Warden of New College, or, if the Warden is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of New College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of New College;
(4) a person appointed by Council;
(5) a person appointed by the General Board;
(6)-(9) four persons elected by the Board of the Faculty of the Physical Sciences.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below