Reader in Modern South Asian History
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 24 January 2008
1. There shall be a Reader in Modern South East Asian History who shall be elected from time to time by a board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified (2) of this clause is ViceChancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the head of the college to which the readership shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation on that behalf, or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this regulation;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Humanities Board;
(7) a person appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies;
(8), (9) two persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of History.
2. The reader shall lecture and give instruction on the history of South Asia from 1700 onwards.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below