Professor of the Philosophy of Law
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
1. The Professor of the Philosophy of Law shall engage in research and shall lecture and give instruction in the philosophy of law.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) is ViceChancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board;
(7)–(9) three persons appointed by the Faculty Board of the Faculty of Law.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below