Professor of Statistical Science
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 18 March 2022 (Gazette, Vol.152, p.248, 3 March 2022)
1. The Professor of Statistical Science shall undertake research in and shall lecture and give instruction in Statistical Science and shall generally promote the study of that subject in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the Principal of St Anne’s College, or, if the Principal is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of St Anne’s College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Department of Statistics.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below