Professor of Sociology
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council on 9 February 20121 and 21 July 2017 (Gazette, Vol.147, p.608, 6 July 2017).
1. The Professor of Sociology shall undertake research, lecture and give instruction in Sociology.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Department of Sociology.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
1 The changes to the title and regulation 1 of § 299 shall be effective for the duration of the tenure of the post-holder appointed with effect from 1 August 2012.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below