Professor of Society and the Internet
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended with effect from 13 January 2023 (Gazette, Vol. 153, p.132, 1 December 2022)
1. The Professor of Society and the Internet shall lecture and give instruction in the social shaping of the Internet and its societal implications.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Principal of Mansfield College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the Principal of Mansfield College, or, if the Principal is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Mansfield College;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Mansfield College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Management Committee of the Internet Institute.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
4. Regulation 1 above may be amended by Congregation under the provisions of the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge Act, 1923, subject to the approval of His Majesty in Council; regulations 2 and 3 may be amended by Council.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below