Professor of Science and Civilisation
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
1. The Professor of Science and Civilisation shall lecture and give instruction in Science and Civilisation.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board;
(7)–(9) three persons appointed by the Executive Committee of the Saïd Business School.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to these chairs.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below