Professor of Primary Care Health Sciences
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Made by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 2 February 2018 (Gazette, Vol.148, p.212-213, 18 January 2018)
1. The Professor of Primary Care Health Sciences shall engage in advanced study and research and shall lecture and give instruction in Primary Health Care.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which each Chair may be allocated by Council from time to time, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college referred to in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)-(9) four persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board;
(10) a person holding a clinical appointment appointed by the Oxfordshire Primary Care Trust (or the relevant successor body in the NHS should that Trust cease to exist). At least three members of the board, of whom one shall be a professor, shall hold clinical appointments.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to the Chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below