Professor of Poetry on the Foundation of Henry Birkhead
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by Council on 23 November 2012 and 19 December 2014 (Gazette, Vol. 145, p. 172-175, 4 December 2014
1. The post of Professor of Poetry shall be associated with All Souls College.
2. The Professor of Poetry shall deliver an inaugural lecture.
3. The Professor of Poetry shall deliver a Public Lecture in each term.
4. In addition to a Public Lecture, the Professor of Poetry will normally be required to offer one more termly event.
5. The professor shall be elected by Convocation and shall hold office for four years from the first day of the term following the term in which he or she was elected, and shall not be re-eligible.
6. The single criterion for eligibility shall be that candidates be of sufficient distinction to be able to fulfil the duties of the post.
7. The provisions of Council Regulations 5 of 2004 and regulation 6 of Council Regulations 3 of 2004 shall not apply to the Professorship of Poetry
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below