Professor of Modern History
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 28 May 2021 (Gazette, Vol.151, p.400, 13 May 2021)
1. The Professor of Modern History will undertake teaching and research in the field of Modern History from 1500 onwards.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship may be allocated by Council from time to time, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4)-(5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) the Head of Humanities Division, or their nominee;
(7)-(9) three persons elected by the Board of the Faculty of History.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below