1. The benefaction of £300k from the E.P. Abraham Research Fund, together with any further donations for this purpose, shall be used to maintain the professorship of Microbiology.
2. The University shall retain all of the benefaction as permanent endowment and shall apply the net income towards the salary of the holder of the Professorship.
3. The administration of the benefaction, and the application of its income, shall be the responsibility of the Medical Sciences Board.
4. The Professor of Microbiology shall lecture and give instruction in Microbiology.
5. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any decree in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4) a person appointed by Council;
(5), (6) two persons appointed by the General Board;
(7) the Professor of Pathology;
(8)-(10) three persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board.
6. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.