Professor of Geology
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
1. The Professor of Geology shall undertake research in and shall lecture and give instruction in Geology and generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Master of University College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Master of University College, or, if the Master is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of University College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of University College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)-(9) four persons elected by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below