Professor of Egyptology
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council on 31 May 2012
1. The Professor of Egyptology shall lecture and give instruction on the History, Antiquities, and Language of Ancient Egypt.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Provost of The Queen’s College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Provost of The Queen’s College, or, if the Provost is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of The Queen’s College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of The Queen’s College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) the Head of the Humanities Division, or his or her nominee;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below