1. The University accepts with gratitude funding from Mr Philip Wetton for the establishment of a Philip Wetton Professorship of Astrophysics.
2. The Philip Wetton Professor of Astrophysics shall undertake research in Astrophysics and shall lecture and give instruction in that subject and generally promote its study in the University.
3. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Dean of Christ Church is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Dean of Christ Church, or, if the Dean is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Christ Church on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of Christ Church;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board;
(7)–(9) three persons elected by the Physics Management Committee.
4. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.