Nissan Professor of Modern Japanese Studies
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
1. The Nissan Professor of Modern Japanese Studies shall lecture and give instruction in the history and the social and economic development of Japan since the middle of the nineteenth century.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Warden of St Antony’s College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the Warden of St Antony’s College, or, if the Warden is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of St Antony’s College;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of St Antony’s College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Area and Development Studies Committee. The appointments to the electoral board shall be determined after consultation with the Humanities, the Life and Environmental Sciences, and the Social Sciences Boards.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below