Museum of the History of Science Special Purposes Fund
Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
1. The University accepts with deep gratitude a further benefaction of £100,000 to be added to that of approximately the same value gratefully accepted in 1988, for the support of the Museum of the History of Science by funding research, publications, documentation, and acquisitions to the collections and to the museum’s library, and in such other ways as the Committee for the History of Science, Medicine, and Technology shall from time to time determine.
2. Expenditure from the benefaction shall be made on the authorization of the Keeper of the museum in accordance with any general principles agreed from time to time by the Committee for the History of Science, Medicine, and Technology, subject to the prior approval of the General Board in the case of expenditure for any single item or two or more related items in excess of such level, not being less than £5,000, as the board shall from time to time determine.
The collection of books and manuscripts relating to Arabic science given by H.E. Stapleton, B.Sc., MA, D.Litt., St John’s College, shall be kept in the Museum of the History of Science, or, if Council after the lapse of twenty-five years from 9 December 1947 shall by decree determine, in the Bodleian Library, provided always that the collection is not dispersed.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below