McGovern Lecture Fund
Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
Made by Decree (2) of 7 June 2001
1. The University accepts with gratitude from the John P. McGovern Foundation the gift of US$160,000 for the benefit of Green College, which shall be used to establish a fund to be called the McGovern Lecture Fund.
2. The purpose of the fund shall be to provide for the delivery of a lecture on a subject relating to the History of Medicine. The lecture shall be called the McGovern Annual Lecture in the History of Medicine and shall be delivered annually.
3. The fund shall be administered by a board of management consisting of the Warden and College Officers of Green College.
4. The income of the fund shall be applied by the board of management to any or all of the following purposes in connection with the lecture:
(1) providing the stipend of the lecturer;
(2) meeting the necessary expenses of the lecturer;
(3) meeting expenses consequent upon the delivery of the lecture. Income not so expended in any year shall be invested in augmentation of the capital for so long as this is permissible in law.
5. Council shall have power to alter this decree from time to time, provided that the main purposes of the fund, as stated in clause 2 above, shall always be kept in view.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below