1. The May Professor of Medicine shall engage in advanced study and research and shall, under the direction of the Nuffield Professor of Clinical Medicine, assist in the preparation of candidates for the Degree of Bachelor of Medicine.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any decree in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4) a person appointed by Council;
(5), (6) two persons appointed by the General Board;
(7) the Nuffield Professor of Clinical Medicine;
(8), (9) two persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Clinical Medicine;
(10) a person holding a clinical appointment appointed by the Oxfordshire Health Authority.
At least three members of the board, of whom one shall be a professor, shall hold clinical appointments.
3. The professor shall hold qualifications entitling him or her to be registered with the General Medical Council as a medical practitioner.
4. The income of the endowment fund shall be applied towards the stipend and superannuation of the professor.
5. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.