Maxwell Memorial Fund
Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
1. The sums contributed by friends and colleagues in memory of J.C. Maxwell, Reader in English Literature and Fellow of Balliol College 1966-76, and formerly Professor of English at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, shall form a fund to be called the J. C. Maxwell Memorial Fund for the promotion or encouragement of postgraduate studies in English in the Faculty of English Language and Literature at Oxford University and the School of English Language and Literature at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
2. The fund shall be managed by the Board of the Faculty of English Language and Literature at Oxford.
3. The board of management shall apply the income, after the payment of all proper expenses, and may in any one year apply up to £120 of the capital, to further the study or research of either:
(a) graduates of the University of Newcastle upon Tyne undertaking postgraduate work in English at Oxford;
(b) graduates of Oxford University undertaking postgraduate work in English at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne; or
(c) other members of Oxford University undertaking postgraduate work in English at Oxford.
Preference shall be given to applicants in categories (a) and (b) above.
4. Applications for grants shall be made for specific research purposes, such as travel in connection with research, or photographic expenses. They shall be supported by the applicant’s supervisor and (in the case of Oxford applicants) college.
5. Income not expended in any year shall be carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years.
6. Council shall have power to alter this decree from time to time, provided that in any change of decree the object of the fund shall always be kept in view.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below