Luc Hoffmann Professor of Field Ornithology
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 1 August 2022 (Gazette, Vol. 152, p. 486-487, 7 July 2022)
1. The benefaction of £2.51m from members of the Hoffmann family, together with any further donations for this purpose, shall be known as the Luc Hoffmann Fund (‘the Fund’).
2. The University shall apply the Fund in the endowment and support of a Professorship of Field Ornithology at the University to be known as the Luc Hoffmann Professorship of Field Ornithology (‘the Professorship’).
3. The administration of the Fund, and the application of its capital and income, shall be the responsibility of the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board.
4. The Luc Hoffmann Professor of Field Ornithology shall undertake research in Ornithology and shall lecture and give instruction in that subject.
5. If required by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board so to do, the Professor shall direct the Edward Grey Institute for Field Ornithology.
6. The Professor shall be elected by an electoral board comprising:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be allocated by Council for the time being, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council, of whom one shall be appointed after consultation (during his lifetime) with M André Hoffmann; and
(6)-(9) four persons appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board.
7. Regulations 3--6 above may be amended by Council.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below