Laing O’Rourke/RAEng Professor of Automation in Construction
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Made by the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council on 17 November 2011
1. There shall be a Laing O’Rourke/RAEng Professor of Automation in Construction, who shall undertake research in and shall lecture and give instruction in that subject and generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
The above regulations concerning the naming of the post of Professor of Automation in Construction as the Laing O'Rourke/RAEng Professor of Automation in Construction shall be effective for the duration of funding from Laing O'Rourke and RAEng.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below