King John II Professor of Portuguese Studies
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
1. The King John II Professor of Portuguese Studies shall engage in advanced study and research and shall lecture and give instruction in Portuguese Studies, and shall promote generally the study of Portuguese in the University, on such conditions and with such duties as the General Board shall from time to time determine.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any decree in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4) a person appointed by Council after consultation with the Instituto Camões;
(5), (6) two persons appointed by the General Board;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below