Jonathan Cooper Professor of the History of Sexualities
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Made by General Purposes Committee of Council with effect from 11 February 2022 (Gazette, Vol.152, p.184, 27 January 2022)
1. Under an agreement made between the University and Mansfield College, the annual payments to the University from the fund to be established for this purpose shall be used to support a professorship of the history of sexualities, to be known as the Jonathan Cooper Professorship of the History of Sexualities.
2. The Professor shall undertake research and teaching in the History of Sexualities. The Professor will engage with queer historiography and theory, and provide intellectual leadership in the research and teaching of LGBTQ+ History in the faculty and wider university.
3. The Professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the President of Mansfield College, or, if the President is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Mansfield College;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Mansfield College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) the Head of the Humanities Division, or their nominee;
(7)–(9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of History.
4. The Professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below