James Meade Professor of Economics
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Made by the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council on 1 March 2007
1. The James Meade Professor of Economics shall lecture and give instruction in economics.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or if the Warden of Nuffield College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Warden of Nuffield College; or if the Warden is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of Nuffield College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of Nuffield College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board; and
(7)–(9) three persons appointed by the Department of Economics.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to the Chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below