Hicks Professor of Economics
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
1. The Sir John Hicks Professor of Economics shall lecture and give instruction in economics.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any decree in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4) a person appointed by Council;
(5), (6) two persons appointed by the General Board;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Social Studies.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below