Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
1. The sum of £136.28, being authors’ royalties on Urbanization and its Problems, edited by Dr R.P. Beckinsale and Dr J.M. Houston and published in honour of Professor E.W. Gilbert, shall form a fund to be known as the Gilbert-Houston Publications Fund.
2. The fund shall be administered by a committee appointed by the Departmental Committee of the School of Geography, under the chairmanship of the Professor of Geography.
3. The committee of management shall apply the income and, if it thinks fit, the capital of the fund towards the maintenance and improvement of the publication of research papers in the School of Geography.
4. The Curators of the University Chest are authorized to receive additional contributions to the fund.
5. Council shall have power to alter this decree on the recommendation of the committee of management, provided that the object of the fund, namely, the promotion of the study of Geography in the University, is kept in view.