Freshfields Professor of Commercial Law
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee on 17 January 2013 and on 25 October 2013
1. The Freshfields Professor of Commercial Law shall lecture and give instruction in Commercial Law.
2. The Professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Divisional Board;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Law.
3. The Professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below