Edgeworth Professor of Economics
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
1. The Edgeworth Professor of Economics shall lecture and give instruction in economics with special reference to economic theory.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Warden of Nuffield College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Warden of Nuffield College, or, if the Warden is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Nuffield College, on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Nuffield College;
(4) a person appointed by Council;
(5), (6) two persons appointed by the General Board;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Social Studies.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below