Duff Memorial Fund
Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
1. The University gratefully accepts the sums contributed in memory of the late Dr Colin Duff, and any further sums which may be contributed for the same purpose, to establish a fund, which shall be known as the Colin Duff Memorial Fund, and both the income and capital of which may be applied for the furtherance within the University of forestry and environmental studies with particular reference to the African environment.
2. The fund shall be administered by the Board of Management for the Trapnell Fund for Environmental Field Research in Africa.
3. The fund shall be used for book grants to graduates of African universities who are nationals of sub-Saharan Africa, who have been accepted as members of the University of Oxford to engage in advanced study or research for the Degree of Master of Science or Doctor of Philosophy, or for another course of study approved for this purpose by the board of management, and who are engaged in advanced study or research in forestry.
4. The books which are purchased with such grants shall be made available to the student concerned for use on course and in the expectation that they will thereafter be deposited in the library of his or her own university or employing institute.
5. Any income not required for the award of grants in any year shall be either carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years or applied by the board of management in such other way as shall seem to the board best to conduce to the support of the objects of the fund.
6. Council shall have power to alter this decree from time to time provided that the main object of the fund as expressed in clause 1 above is always kept in view.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below