Professor of Surgical Sciences
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Made by the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council on 5 August 2016 (Gazette, Vol. 146, p. 713-714, 21 July 2016) amended on 21 February 2020 (Gazette, Vol. 150, p. 237, 6 February 2020) and 20 March 2020 (Gazette, Vol. 150, p 316, 5 March 2020).
1. The Professor of Surgical Sciences shall undertake research, lecture and give instruction in Surgical Sciences.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is the Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Chair may be allocated by Council from time to time; or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of that college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4)–(5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board;
(10) a person holding a clinical appointment appointed by the relevant NHS body with which the post-holder may hold an honorary contract.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to the Chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below