4. Student members shall be represented at meetings of Council by:
(1) the President of the Oxford University Student Union;
(2) the Vice-President Postgraduate Education and Access;
(3) Vice-President Undergraduate Education and Access;
5. If the Vice-President Postgraduate Education and Access of the Oxford University Student Union is or becomes during their period of office a member of the University in a category other than that of student member, they shall nevertheless be regarded as a student member for the purposes of these regulations.
6. The student members shall be entitled to speak at meetings of Council but not to vote.
7. (1) No student member shall be present for the discussion of reserved business.
(2) The following matters shall be reserved:
(a) issues of particular strategic sensitivity;
(b) issues of particular commercial sensitivity;
(c) issues solely for the consideration of the Trustees of the University;
(d) matters pertaining to specific individuals, such as honorary degrees, and decisions on appointments, promotions, and other matters concerning the personal position of members of the staff of the University; and the admission of individuals and their academic assessment and personal affairs; and
(e) any other matter at the discretion of the Chair of Council.
(3) In any case of doubt, the Chair of Council shall decide whether an item of business falls under one of the categories listed in paragraph (2) above, and his or her decision shall be final.
8. The student members shall receive the full Council agenda paper but not the papers or minutes relating to reserved business.
9. The student members shall respect the conventions of Council as set out in its standing orders.
10. While these regulations remain in force, the provisions of section 4 of Statute XIII, concerning access by student members on a joint committee to the parent body, shall not apply to the Student Life Subcommittee.