Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
1. The University accepts with gratitude a gift from Mrs Lucinda Stevens, and such further sums as shall from time to time be contributed for the same purpose, to establish a fund, to be known as the Joan Conway Fund in commemoration of the late Mrs Joan Conway, which shall be used to advance the study of music within the University by supporting performance-related studies.
2. The fund shall be administered by a board of management consisting of:
(1) the Heather Professor of Music;
(2) Mrs Lucinda Stevens during her lifetime;
(3), (4) two members of the Board of the Faculty of Music appointed by that board.
3. The board of management shall apply the income of the fund for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) the award of one or more grants to undergraduate or postgraduate members of the University to enable them to undertake specialised tuition in performance, which grants may include provision for travel and other incidental costs;
(b) the provision of lectures and the support of research in performance-related topics;
(c) the provision of master classes;
(d) the promotion of instrumental studies in the Faculty of Music.
4. Any income not expended in any year shall be carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years.
5. Council shall have power to amend this decree from time to time, subject to the prior approval of Mrs Stevens in her lifetime, provided that the main object of the fund, as defined in clause 1 above, is always kept in view.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below