1. The Christopher Strachey Professor of Computing shall undertake research in and shall lecture and give instruction in Computation, and shall generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the President of Wolfson College, or, if the President is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Wolfson College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Wolfson College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board;
(7)-(9) three persons elected by the Board of the Department of Computer Science.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.