Chichele Professor of Medieval History
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended on 7 August 2015 (Gazette, Vol. 145, p. 697-701, 23 July 2015)
1. The Chichele Professor of Medieval History shall lecture and give instruction in some part or parts of Medieval History.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Warden of All Souls College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Warden of All Souls College, or, if the Warden is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of All Souls College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of All Souls College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) the Head of the Humanities Division, or his or her nominee;
(7), (8) two persons elected by the Board of the Faculty of History;
(9) a person elected by the Board of the Faculty of Classics.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below