Cecily Clark Memorial Fund
Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
Made by Council, 27 July 2006
1. The legacy from Mr Gordon Rae Anderson shall be known as the Cecily Clark Fund (‘the Fund’).
2. The University shall retain all of the Fund as permanent endowment and shall apply the net income of the Fund towards the furtherance of research within the University in English Medieval Studies involving Middle English Philology. The first call on the income shall be the funding of a research studentship in the field of Middle English Philology with preference to its contribution to other fields of English Medieval Studies, including (but not exclusively) the study of Anthroponomy, Demography, and Socio-Economic History in relation to Middle English texts. Income not expended on the studentship may be used towards the provision of grants to members of the University towards the cost of publication of the results of research undertaken, or towards travel or other research expenses incurred, in English Medieval Studies.
3. The administration of the Fund, and the application of its income, shall be the responsibility of the English Faculty Board which shall make regulations concerning the award of the studentship, and the making of grants from the Fund.
4. Any income not expended on the studentship may be carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years.
5. Regulation 3 above may be amended by Council.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below