Cancer Research UK Professor of Medical Oncology
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
1. The University accepts with deep gratitude the endowment provided by Cancer Research UK for the establishment of a Cancer Research UK Professorship of Medical Oncology and for the provision of supporting expenditure for the professorship.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council, one appointed in agreement with Cancer Research UK;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board;
(10) a person appointed by the body or bodies which may issue an honorary clinical contract or contracts to the professor.
At least three members of the board, of whom one shall be a professor, shall hold clinical appointments.
3. The professor shall hold his or her appointment in a department to be designated from time to time by the Medical Sciences Board in agreement with Cancer Research UK. The professor shall lecture and give instruction in Medical Oncology.
4. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
5. Such part of the endowment as Council shall determine is not required to meet the costs of the professorship shall be applied to the provision of supporting expenditure for the professor in such manner as Council, after consultation with the Medical Sciences Board, shall direct.
6. Council shall have power, subject to the consent of Cancer Research UK, to amend this regulation, provided that the main object of the endowment, namely the establishment of a Professorship of Medical Oncology and the provision of supporting expenditure, is always kept in view.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below