Brownlee-Abraham Professor of Molecular Biology
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
1. The Brownlee-Abraham Professor of Molecular Biology shall undertake research in Molecular Biology and shall lecture and give instruction in this subject.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
4. Such part of the income of the endowment as the Medical Sciences Board shall determine not to be required to meet the costs of the professorship shall be expended on support for the professor in such manner as the board shall direct.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below