1. The University accepts with gratitude the sum of £5,000 donated by British Telecom to form a fund, the income from which shall be used to provide an annual prize for Computing Science.
2. The prize shall be awarded for specially meritorious performance in the Honour School of Mathematics and Computation.
3. The prize, of a value to be determined from time to time by the Board of the Faculty of Mathematical Sciences, shall be awarded, if there is a candidate of sufficient merit, by the examiners for the Honour School of Mathematics and Computation to the candidate whose performance in that examination they judge to be the most deserving, paying special regard to performance in computation.
4. The administration of the fund shall be under the direction of the Board of the Faculty of Mathematical Sciences.
5. Income not expended in any one year shall be carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years.
6. Council shall have power from time to time to alter this decree, provided always that the purpose of the fund, as defined in clause 1 above, is kept in view.